Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
The Hubs and I made some Christmas returns. You know, the stuff you got but already had or really didn't need? Well, we weren't quite ready to go home so we pulled into the cutest little Starbucks- maybe 5 tables total in the little cafe. With our mochas in hand, we played a couple games of checkers and just chatted about life. There are few things more enjoyable than sitting over a cup of coffee and not having any other distraction. You have to talk, if you don't. Well, that's just awkward!
I also spent some time de-cluttering the house. It's a great feeling to throw things away and know you're never going to have to see them again. I love it.
Remington enjoyed the day too. He discovered several different things:
- He can climb up onto the toilet
- He can see outside, but not be cold
- He can watch cars go by, very exciting for a chilly winter day
Friday, January 13, 2012
Week 1 almost done of Biggest Loser. I started working out on Monday. For those that don't know this about me, I hate sweating. Maybe it's the whole idea that women are not meant to perspire. Women glisten. Anything more than a glisten is disgusting. At least when it comes to me. However, working out sometimes requires a little more than glistening. Especially with this Biggest Loser Challenge. We currently have 5 people, which includes myself, participating. Together we are going to work over the next 4 month on:
eating right, exercising regularly and
with other women who hold you accountable.
So here's to week 1! I'm almost done. I even sweated when I worked out. Gross! Bring on week 2!
PS. If you still want to join our Biggest Loser: Home Edition Competition, there's still time!!! Just let me know by Monday! Send me a message. Asap.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Last weekend we spent the day on Saturday out in the woods preparing for maple syrup season. There is an old worn down road that winds back into the woods to the Sugar Shack (the lean-to where we cook down the sap to make delicious maple syrup). Last winter and summer there were a number of storms that blew down old worn down trees blocking numerous spots along the road.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
I'm not doing this alone either. My mother and I are starting our of Biggest Loser: Home Edition Challenge today. It was a $20 fee to join and winner takes all. However, while that might provide a little bit of motivation, it's not about the money. Excuse the cliche phrase, but it's true. It's easy to just pick a New Year's Resolution revolving around losing weight, but this resolution is about establishing a healthier way of living. Here's the plan...
The Initial Weigh In was today. Along with measurements. Every week, we will weigh in. Every month, we will weigh and measure. I have a beautiful spreadsheet that will keep track of everything and calculate our percentages for us. We are going to do it for 4 months and who ever has the highest percentage loss at the end wins the $40 and the title of the Biggest Loser.
BUT here is the cool part that comes with doing this challenge. Not only am I being held accountable by my own mother, who knows how to motivate me in ways only a mother can, but I am also not alone in doing this. We are doing this for 4 solid months, meaning that we will be establishing habits both in the ways we choose to eat as well as be active.
I'm excited, a bit nervous as any big hairy challenge should be a bit scary, but ready for change! So... here's to day 1 of 4 months of pursuing healthy habits.
Friday, January 6, 2012
I feel like I should start with the bad, it makes the ending so much better... so excuse me for starting off like a negative nancy, but you know the happiness is coming!
- Flying home this week. Which meant saying good bye to the fan and not having another trip booked in the near future made it about a hundred times harder.
- Ending vacation. Alarms and early mornings are not my preference, so kissing the sweet end of my 10 whole days off was difficult!
- Having a sick puppy two nights in a row. Poor Remy! But, he is feeling better and had his appetite back today, so I think we are in the clear tonight.
- Unpacking. Need I really say more?
- Coming home from the holidays to the two most adoring animals. Remy was beside himself with happiness and couldn't decide which person to go to. Aruba got up every 15 minutes throughout the night just to make sure we were still there and had slept on top of me every night since.
- The Hubs being home. He's between jobs and about to start school again, so he's been home in the morning and made me coffee. AND, he made dinner one night too!
- Eating healthy again. Part of my New Years resolution, but that blog is coming on Monday. Hint: Biggest Loser, Home Edition.
- Sleeping in my own bed. Nothing really compares...
- It's the weekend!
Monday, January 2, 2012
This holiday, we went jumping a place called Skyhigh. Picture this, a room filled with different arenas, each about the side of a basketball court. Except, there isn't a basketball court, there are trampolines! 30 or so trampolines all next to each other to make one huge arena to jump in. Even the sides are tilted and have trampolines to jump on!
Another huge highlight was our New Years Eve Bowling Night. We waited for two lines for over an hour and may have had more fun waiting than actual bowling. Equipped with a camera and many goofy sisters, we had a blast. Bowling was great too, but none of us are looking promising for the bowling Olympics. Several of us did break 100, which is always a feat to be mentioned!
Coffee dates, learning a new game (Ticket to Ride), many shopping trips to the mall and countless hours drinking lattes and eating one too many peanut butter balls made for an incredible holidays. It's pulling to a close as the Hubs and I return to (hopefully snowy) Minnesota tomorrow.
To come: New Years Resolutions