now if I will ever be able to pay another $4 for a Strawberry Lemonade when I made an entire vat of the delicious elixir that I only had to share with the one and only Hubs.
Allow me to share while keeping in mind I am a recipe's worst nightmare as I rarely measure things:
I N G R E D I E N T S
Strawberries (I had about 3/4 of a big carton of them- official, I know- so I would recommend about a pint or big carton of strawberries)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup lemon juice (no, I did not squeeze anything fresh, I just used the stuff from a bottle... but I suppose if you really felt up to it, you sure could squeeze your own lemon juice.)
4-5 cups of water
D I R E C T I O N S
- In a blender, mix together the Strawberries, sugar, 1 cup of water (not the rest of it though, that comes later), and lemon juice.
- Pour into a pitcher & add the remaining 4-5 cups of water.
- Enjoy :)
I also have a couple suggestions...
- Add more lemon juice - I felt like mine was a bit watered down, so I added a bit more to get a tangier taste.
- You could blend with ice cubes to make it a bit more slushy, which is nice for a hot day.
- You could mix up the first part(minus the 4-5 cups of water) so that you'd have just the strawberry lemonade concentrate and freeze in a zip lock baggy for a hot day in the future.
- Experiment with other fruits like: raspberry, marionberry, peach, blackberry and the list goes on...
- OR you could pour some of the concentrate mixture (without the 4-5 cups of extra water) into a regular sized muffin tin, free them and then put them into a glass filled with Sierra Mist...