Caramel Sauce

I've been trying to find more ways to make things at home from scratch. Not just to save a penny or two, but I also like knowing what's in everything... today, I made my own caramel sauce which works awesome for both lattes & over ice cream with brownies. Both have been tried and both were delicious!

Here's the recipe if you want to try it:

2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
1 stick of butter
Pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla

Mix the brown sugar, 1/2 & 1/2, butter and salt together and warm over a medium-low heat. Stir it frequently until it thickens (this took me 5-7 minutes). Once it thickens, add vanilla and cook for another minute or two until it thickens a bit more.

Turn the heat off and let it cool a bit before you put it in a jar to store. Refrigerate & Enjoy!

** If it separates, just shake before you use it!

Comments