[ 'Round These Parts ]


One of my favorite things about living where we do are the sunsets. Somehow, whenever our house was built in the early 1900s, someone had the foresight to make my kitchen window overlook a beautiful pasture filled with warm golden sunshine more days than I can count in the spring, summer & fall. Then right behind the house, I walk out my backdoor and see our barn bathed in sunshine that you just want to soak up and hold onto for as long as possible. 

I love my fleeting moments of golden sunshine. Even though they don't last very long, they warm you to the bone. Like seeing an old friend or curling up with a good book on a rainy day. Golden sunsets are one of my favorite parts 'round here. These moments remind me to breathe in deep, enjoying the moment before continuing with my evening...


Comments