Trying New Things and Shoe Shopping.

What an incredible weekend on so many levels, 
in so many areas and in so many ways! 

The Good:

The sun was out in full force, reminding the world that spring is coming. Despite a weak winter that seemed to taught every few weeks with warmer weather, spring time is pulling through. We enjoyed 60+ degree weather this last Sunday, which felt downright hot!

I began reading a new author, Karen Kingsbury. I've been in a denial for a couple years that I'd even like her stuff. I'm not even sure where that ridiculous reasoning came from. Perhaps I thought it would be the ooey-gooey Christian fiction that has a feel-good-no-matter-what feel to it. I was so wrong. Not only could I not put down the book, I read it in 2 days. Not only did I finish it that quickly, I'm already onto #2. If you need a good read, I'd highly recommend "A Time to Dance" by Karen Kingsbury. It's incredible.



The In-Laws, Hubs and Remington and I all enjoyed a leisurely walk out the Sugar Shack on Sunday afternoon where we tapped a couple trees for maple syrup (not looking too promising) and just enjoyed the quietness of the woods. 

_________________________________________________

The Not So Good:

I realized as I wore flip flops for the first time this spring, just how bad I need to paint my toe nails or do something so that it doesn't look like I've been wearing wool socks and slippers for three and half years. I am in dire need of some color!

I went shoe shopping with the Hubs. I admire his ability to make a sound financial decision, something that he was taught me a lot about and I've really tried to practice- especially with my shopping habits. Shoe shopping with him is probably not one of my favorite activities in the world. Simply because, I am impatient. Very impatient. In my mind, every work boot is the same, the either lace up or slip on, and the rest doesn't really matter. In his mind, I'm ridiculous for even thinking or saying something like that. Regardless, I usually end up playing solitaire or taking pictures while he shops for work boots. This weekend was no different, hence the awesome pictures of the stuffed animals at Cabelas, my super fun Toms and weird camera features I didn't know I had. AND we ended up with a pretty sweet pair of work boots.



Hope your weekend was great too!

Comments