Love & Sunsets

I've really stunk at posting lately. Stunk with a capital S. Since family vacation, funeral and getting back into the rhythm of things, blogging hasn't been a top priority... My apologies, I suck. I'll try harder.

I started my new job yesterday. I love it. Driving to work, I was struck by how excited I was. Excited for potential relationships, growth in current relationships, my beautiful drive through the countryside, my very own office, being across the hall and down one office from my bestie. Seriously... sometimes I just feel like this job cannot be real. I know somedays will be challenging. I have a lot to learn with different software systems, how things roll on the "other side" (not being a student, but staff now) and getting back into a regular routine. But, the beginning is always excited. The beginning has something new to offer around every bend. I hope and pray that I will continue to come to work with excitement. After all, working at a Private Christian School is pretty dang exciting. Preparing students to become leaders with the world for Christ. Seriously? If anyone ever needed a bigger purpose to motivate them to work (which is what makes me tick and gets me excited to work), I don't know if you could find a bigger purpose... Just saying....

On the 4th of July, our church walked in a local parade. Yes, I got burnt to a crisp. I'm sure you were wondering. Did I put on sunscreen? No. Do I like it when people ask questions and then answer them themselves? No. Anyhow... the 4th of July was a lot of fun. My very first 4th in Minnesota. We celebrated with a parade, handed out hundreds of icee pops and completed the day with a BBQ. We skipped out on the fireworks since I started my new job the next day, but I think we've all seen enough fireworks to skip a year or two. At the BBQ, I had to run out to the car for a quick second and saw the most beautiful thing. Quick side note: I love clouds. I love sunsets. I love photography. Everytime I see a beautiful sunset, I feel like standing in the particular spot and that particular time, that sunset was made for me. Just for me, as a demonstration and proof that I am loved. Loved by God. Crazy thought, right? ANYHOW, so the BBQ... I ran outside really quick and there was a gorgeous sunset. I don't remember every seeing one like it. The rays of sun were visible thousands of feet in the air as they came off at an angle from the clouds. It was beautiful. And just for me. Kind of a neat way to say, "Hey, I'm thinking about you. Tomorrow as you start this new job, I'm thinking about you. I love you." I know it was just clouds, sky and sun, but the way it was all put together to form such a unique sunset reflected the way I feel about the job and how it was beautifully orchestrated that I might have the opportunity to work here. I snapped a photo on my phone, which died the second after I snapped it, so I wasn't even sure it saved... AND it doesn't even do it justice, but you get the jist.

Comments