Not Quite What I had Planned.

Have you every woke up thinking you have the whole day planned? I do. All the time. I have a rough sketch in my mind of what I think the day will hold, leave a big of room for margin and maybe even have an idea of what I'll be making for dinner. Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up, got ready, wore my new favorite GAP jeans and thought the day was going to be a good. Just before lunch, my day took a very sharp right turn and completely changed everything. I was laid off. Yes, I am currently unemployed. I won't go into the details, that's not the point of this post. It's a long story and one that I would readily tell you, just ask me and we'll go grab a cup of joe.

The point of this post isn't to bash, rant and rave. From day one of starting my blog, I have promised to myself to be honest. So, here are my honest feelings about where we are at. This is a scary place to be. The hubs is searching for something more permanent and career-ish, but is working, so that's good. I have some possibilities too, but not for a little while off. Being here is scary because it requires something that doesn't come easily to me. It requires faith. Faith that we'll be provided for. Faith that we'll someday look back and see why we are going through yet another bump in the road. Faith that this will be used to bring us together as husband and wife in ways that only this kind of situation can. Faith that I can trust God. Whew. Faith is hard, you can't see it, you just jump in wholeheartedly and hope-pray to be caught mid-fall. The craziest part about all of this, I have peace. For the first time since I know, I slept like a baby through the whole night. People, that never happens. Ever. I woke up this morning and didn't have an anxiety-filled-sharp-pain stomach ache. I have peace. I cleaned my entire house, singing Rascal Flatts and talking to Aruba and Remy the entire morning. Peace. Complete peace. Weird, eh?

So, this is going to be short because I have errands to run and flowers to plant while the sun keeps shining all afternoon. Yes, Mr. Weather finally got the note that May is in 2 days and a bit of sunshine is needed! Another rain system is moving into tonight, but I am going to soke up all of the golden rays I can today. Please say a prayer for the Hubs and I as we yet again enter a difficult part of journey together.

Comments