Back by Popular Demand

Due to the number of requests from my extensive fan base, I have decided to venture out and write my second posting... 

When I decided to start a blog, I made a deal with myself to be honest & open (all the while hoping only a few people would actually read this thing). Due to this pact I made with myself, I want to share what has been on my heart for almost a month now and is just beginning to take shape due to my stubornness and selfishnesh mixed in with my desire to stay sleeping in our wonderfully new and most comfortable queen size plush pillow top mattress.

Here we go....

Faithful prayer - actually setting aside specific time to be alone with God in prayer, reflection & the Bible has never been a strength. Quite frankly, I've never focused on making it one. For the past month or so, a seed of desire has been growing somewhere deep inside me. A small nudge from something someone said one time. Yes, that is very specific, I know. I wish I knew what it was that planted this seed; however, I think today is meant to be more significant than when the seed was planted. It is always more exciting when a plant begins to peak it's little green stalk out of the dirt-brown soil, than when a tiny seed is first buried in dirt. You know the seed is there, but you never know how long it will be until you get to see the first glimpse of life. The first glimpse that change is starting. Today was the day the little green stalk peaked out of the dirt.

Let me explain... my small seed has planted this desire to learn how to faithfully pray. My heart is heavy for my husband. I sound like a broken record saying that things will change and the right job has just not come along yet. I do not know what else to do or say. I would be lying to say that the past 2 years have been easy since the Hubs begun his job search. I would be lying to say that the past 6 months have been easy since I have been working full-time at good job. It has been hard. There have been many ups and downs as we have learned so many things about God's faithfulness in providing, His never ending love, and more than anything just how essential it is to keep God the focus of our marriage rather than each other.

My small seed to faithfully pray is going to be a journey to learn how to faithfully pray for my husband, our family (yes, it is still just the two of us - how could you possibly think I would use a blog to present that kind of news!?) and our future together. I want to learn to pray and believe. I want to learn to pray and not doubt. I want to learn to wake up in the morning, be excited about how quiet the morning is in our old farmhouse and enjoy nothing more than intimate conversation with God.

This means, earlier alarms clocks, maybe another scoop of coffee into the good ol' coffee pot and not trying to pass just one more level of Angry Birds before we turn off the light.

Here we go.....

Comments