[ A Weakness ]

I have a weakness. I'm not talking about coffee or photos of puppies or my favorite food group: dessert. I have another weakness: weather. 

I love weather. I recently looked into becoming a trainer weather spotter for my local area which would assist NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admonstration). Machines and computer programs can only predict so much when it comes to unpredictable weather patterns so NOAA has trained spotters that can report live when certain a events happen (hail, cloud rotation, etc). 

I've wanted to do this for about 2 years now and finally looked into getting the official training this along. Unfortunately, I missed the last day by 3 days and have to wait until next fall.  But don't worry! There is a 70+ training guide available and I've been doing some light reading.

On top of my light reading, the weather right now is actually fantastic! We currently have a strong system moving towards us tonight and it's hard to go to sleep knowing that's going be moving in! 

Comments