Let's Chat A While

The urge to write has been growing in the back of mind with such a strong sense of urgency, I can't ignore it. Life has been busy. What's new, right? It seems like everyone's lives have been crazy busy this summer. Always filled with good things and good intentions, busyness creeps up in such a way unless you close your eyes and take a deep breath, you can get swept away in such a whirlwind before you even realize it. I've promised myself since I first started blogging over a year ago (crazy how time flies, hey?), that I would not get worked up, stressed out or all hot and and bothered about writing when life got busy. Writing is one of the few things that gives me a simple sense of satisfaction like few other things do. The idea of being able to create by only using words is an amazing thing. Something that I love to do.

Despite the desire to write, nothing incredible pertinent has been needing to escape. Yet, I want to write. i want to express myself.

Alas, I'll just show you what we've been up to lately.... 

The Hubs surprised me with a trip to Duluth for our anniversary. 
Complete with arranging for me to miss a day of work! What a man!



We went to the Minnesota State Fair, which puts every single fair and rodeo to complete shame. Millions of people pour of the woodwork to enjoy incredible food (a lot of which you can find "on a stick"), see fun shows like the lumberjacks, and enjoy all of the cool stuff Minnesota has to offer. This is my third year going and each year the gluten free options have improved exponentially. This year, they had a delicious hot dog with a gluten free bun. It was to-die-for-awesomeness. So good. I also got to see cows, baby bitty piggies being born & a horse show, which is always a good day in my book.




As I'm sure you are dying to know, Remington is doing wonderful. He's over a year and a half and such a great dog. He's become quite the snuggler and sometimes even sneaks into my bed when the Hubs is working late. Just don't tell the Husband.


My gardens have taken off. I have sunflowers with incredible rich red and golden yellow hues. My morning glories are taller than our farmhouse and the back garden is humming with birds, bees and hummingbirds. It's a beautiful place to sit and enjoy the scenery, especially right now as summer begins to wind down.




So... that's a quite catch up with us. Life's been busy, but filled lots of good things. Lot's of enjoying the beautiful Minnesota we live in, going camping, gardening, baking and hanging out with some of our favorite people. Summer has flown by and school is around the corner which is nutso. 

How've you been?

Comments