Wild Cranberry Rosemary Turkey


Having Celiac Disease has is moments of awesomeness, though they are few and far between most times. I experience one of them a couple of weeks ago as I entered the gates of organic, celiac heaven found at Whole Foods. One recently opened not too far from us and as the Hubs and I perused around the store, I experienced intense moments of awesomeness. From that moment I was inspired to make this Thanksgiving one incredible holiday where my diet would not hold me back. Needless to say, after baking two pies, two pans of fudge, turkey and dressing- I'd say mission accomplished. I know that I am not the only one out there that struggles with finding holiday food that is tasty and easy to make... so, here's is the first of my Thanksgiving Holiday recipes:

Wild Cranberry Rosemary Turkey
(gluten free, of course!)
Ingredients:
1/3 cup Pacific Natural Foods Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
4 wild turkey breasts  (the only reason mine is wild is because the Hubs shot a bird this spring and it was about time to use it up!)
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 cup Pacific Natural Foods Chicken Broth

Directions:
  1. Add all of the ingredients to a large crock pot
  2. Turn  the crock pot on low for 2 hours, the slower you cook the turkey, the more tender it will hopefully be
  3. Turn the crock pot on high and cook for 1 more hour
  4. Dish up turkey & serve!
Gluten Free Dressing & Turkey
 Additional options: scoop out the remaining chunks of onion and celery. Using what is left of the juices, add cornstarch and mixed up your own gravy to go on your turkey! 


It's super easy and really does not take a whole lot of time to make. Our kitchen smelled like a small slice of heaven this morning as I was cooking away.

Comments