[ 26 Weeks & Counting! ]

Sometime this week, I cross the line that takes us into the 3rd trimester. I cross the line that takes us to the next step, a step closer to meeting our baby girl. Over the last couple months, I would think about things like cute outfits, what color to paint the nursery, if I just felt a kick or just gas. But over the past week or so, it's begun to change. Instead of just being in the middle of being pregnant, the end has begun to take shape....



How far along: 26 weeks, 1 day.

Sleep: Some nights are better than others, but it's been quite a few months since I've slept through the whole night. 

Best moment this week: Sitting upstairs with Hubs and dreaming about how we are going to be renovating our upstairs. Demo starts in a week and a half and as the upstairs begins to take shape, we know that the pending arrival of bitty baby girl is just getting that much closer!

Movement: Her kicks are getting stronger, she wakes me up in the morning- trying to motivate me to get out of bed, something that isn't always the easier due to lack of solid sleep.

Miss anything: At this moment, I miss the days before I'd ever have heartburn. Regardless of what I eat, my dear friend heartburn joins me every evening. 

Food cravings: Anything sweet. Tonight, I gave in a bought gummies. Gummies are my weakness- regardless of my pregnant or non-pregnant state- and tonight I caved. Fruit, ice cream and coffee creamer are things I cannot do a day without right now. 

Maternity Clothes: Uh, of course. Since week 13 or so, I've been in maternity pants. They are ah-mazing. This week, I began to realize that my expanding tummy is starting to need more bigger shirts which means new clothes & shopping. Thank goodness for online shops, free shipping and free returns!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I haven't really been sick since week 16. Thank goodness! Sometimes strong smells will make my stomach flip flop, but not enough to make me sick.

Have you started to show yet: Duh. No hiding this baby girl!

Gender prediction: We know it's a girl, even though most people seemed to say that it would be a boy. This mama was right! 

Labor signs: Maybe some light contractions, but that's normal and just means that we really are heading towards the end stretch!

Belly button in or out: a teeny-tiny bit in still, which I am going to cling to for as long as I can.  

Wedding rings on or off: I took them off a couple weeks ago. My fingers haven't been too swollen, but the ring has actually been a tiny bit too small since I got the bands sautered together and I was nervous that if I didn't take if off while I still could, I would have to get it sawed off and that sounds terrible!

Happy or Moody most of the time: We will just say it's probably about halfsies. Getting closer to April and meeting this bitty baby girl means that the pressure to get ready for her eminent arrival is going to creep up faster than we probably realize and this mama finds that stressful at times. Other times, I am just excited to be pregnant, to meet my girl soon, to see my husband as a dad, to choose cute baby outfits and enjoy these last couple months. 

Looking forward to: This week? Official hitting the 3rd trimester, I just can't believe how fast time has gone by! Other upcoming events? Beginning renovations upstairs, which means a nursery & new master bedroom. 

Comments