Christmassy Time


It's time for month long celebrations as the Christmas season has started! In Christmas seasons past, I've spent 25 days looking forward to a very special day, yet when it finally comes with all of its wonderfulness, something is missing. We eat traditional dishes and candies, open carefully bought and wrapped presents, spend hours playing games, laughing and enjoying the company of friends and family. Yet, when the day is all said and done, I feel empty. I spend all of this time preparing. I decorate and craft, this year I've started with glitter [it's a whole new world!]. I bake and wrap presents. I "do" all the Christmas stuff. I spend so much time doing, that before I know it, Christmas is past and everyone is already moving on January and another new year.

What if I have it all wrong? What if I have spent 25 years (almost 26!) wasting Christmas? What if Christmas is all about preparing our hearts? Christmas is supposed to be about Christ, not buying unnecessary gifts or eating ourselves silly. I know that the focus is supposed to be on Christ, his incredible gift, the miraculous mystery of choosing coming to earth as a human, yet I'm still trying to figure out the details. I'm hoping that this season, I can begin to preparing my heart for Christmas. I hope that I can learn what Christmas is actually about.

Comments

  1. We've ditched Christmas as you will see when you come to my house. Let's find a corner among the LOUD game playing and have a really good, welcomed chat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in! I'd love to chat more about this with you!

      Delete
  2. The question I am pondering this year is "How will I celebrate Christ this Christmas?" Good one to think on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to find an answer to that one too Ma!

      Delete

Post a Comment