From the kitchen of Jean Boda, passed down by Matt Boda
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
I N G R E D I E N T S:
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chips
* If making Gluten Free, use Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix (which I highly recommend) and 1 1/2 tablespoons xanthan gum.
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Cream wet ingredients together
- Mix in dry ingredients (I typically just dump it all in & mix)
- Mix until smooth
- Add chocolate chips
- If you allow the cookies to chill for 30 minutes in the fridge before you put them on the cookie sheet, they often stay together better & are a bit fluffier.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes (sometimes a bit longer
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from sheet
* If making Gluten Free, use a lighter cookie sheet as they hold heat differently than a darker pan. The darker pans will most likely burn the bottom of the cookies because they are so much hotter when the cook. If you don't have a lighter pan, you can also use tin foil on top of the pan - which also makes cleaning up a lot easier
* If making Gluten Free, you should scrape off any extra cookie left behind when removing them from the pan and re-spray to keep the cookies from sticking.
You can also freeze the cookie dough and use it later
or have it on vanilla ice cream!