Every Day Prayer

Isn't it amazing how quickly a calm peace can slip away? I wrote on Friday about peace, about purposely seeking and pursuing things, friendships, time in our lives. I wrote,

"We don't have all the answers, but on this Friday, I feel peace about where we are at. A peace that I want to revel and bask in. A peace that cannot be ignored and cannot be from anything else except from something that is much bigger than me, the Hubs or any situation we are in. I feel a Godly peace and I am so thankful for it." 

Well, after a fantastic week at home with my amazing Hubs, Monday rolled around. Monday brought a crazy day of not feeling well, rushing around work, trying to sort out things and overall a crabby-Kylie. The peace that I have reveled and basked in throughout the weekend quickly dissipated to feelings of anxiousness, worry and unsettledness. I wanted it, but I wasn't sure how to get it back.

So, I left work, skipped my workout and headed home in search of some quiet and time to be still. At home, I grabbed my rubber boots, the dog and the Hubs and I set out on a quiet walk through our woods and pastures.


Oh how it was good for my soul. The sun was beginning to set as it spread it's glowing orange fingers across the sky. On the opposite side of the beautiful clear blue sky, the bright orange moon was rising above our farmhouse. Both side of sky reassured me that despite my crazy day, the day would still end and the night would still come. How I ended my day would not change those constants in my life.


Together, the Hubs and I processed our day, talked about the future, and slowly I found peace settling around my heart again. How quickly I had forgotten Friday's prayer:

"Come to me, 
all you who are weary and burdened,
 and I will give you rest." 
Matthew 11:28

Every day, I want to make this my prayer. Every day the sun will rise and set, the moon will run it's course. But every day, I have the opportunity to choose how I am going to respond. I have the chance to change my attitude. I get to choose to come and rest.

Comments