Come and Rest



I have shared my heart many times about the journey that the Hubs and I are on to discover what God has in store for us and where he is taking us. At times, it feels like it's already been a long journey. I can definitely say that it's been a hard journey. There have been a lot of ups and down and not a lot of answers- or at least not a lot of the answers that we were looking for, but God always seems to have bigger and better things planned for us.

Together, the Hubs and I are exploring where God wants us as a couple, how and where to be involved in our local church, which friendships to invest in, where we should choose to spend our money and where we should cut back. We are exploring future careers and he just started going back to school, pursuing his dream of going into Law Enforcement. We are exploring what it means to love each unconditionally and how we can love ever when times are tough. We are learning to have patience, which is quite often taught through Remington (the little stinker).

We don't have all the answers, but on this Friday I feel a peace about where we are at. A peace that I want to revel and bask in. A peace that cannot be ignore and cannot be from anything else except for something that is much bigger than me, the Hubs or any situation we are in. I feel a Godly peace and I am so thankful for it. Last night, I fell asleep with this replaying in mind:

"Come to me, 
all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest." 
Matthew 11:28

Today, I am resting... Are you choosing to rest? It's not something that comes naturally. I think about all of things that the Hubs and I are exploring, learning and pursuing and I am amazed that peace is even something I can think about. There is always something to be done, always something to be improved and yet, I know it'll get done. God is good, all the time. I hope you can find time this weekend to choose to rest!

Happy Friday!

Comments