Being a Biggest Loser

I am working on being a Loser. I might not be the Biggest, but I am definitely a work in progress.

I'm currently in my fourth week of my Biggest Loser Competition. If you want to know where all this crazy loser talk started, read about it here: I am the Biggest Loser. I am into four week of being conscious about what goes into my mouth and when I need to be active. The choices I am making about how I am going to live my life are going to effect me for the rest of my life. Habits that I can establish now, will run the course of life with me.

It sounds all good and dandy, doesn't it? Well, let's just say when that piece of chocolate is staring me square in the face, it doesn't seem that dandy. When I bake a dessert or two, resisting the urge to only sample once is not easy and not anything in the world of being dandy. It's hard. It is hard to learn to say no when it's always been easier to say yes. Not only has it been easier to say yes, I've never ever had to worry about what I eat. Perhaps it is the dreaded metabolism rate drop kicking in since I did just turn a quarter of a century. Whatever the case, I'm into week four of establishing healthy habits and lifestyle.

Here are some things I've been doing to help me along the way:

1. Always have grapes handy. When I feel like a little sugary snack, I eat grapes instead. I do realize they still have natural sugar in them and all that jazz, but I'm not eating chocolate.

2. Cut up your vegetables. There are two reasons... First, if they are already cut up, it's a lot easier to pack them up quickly to take along in your lunch. Second, if they are cut up, they are probably about the right size for a munchie snack. A much healthier munchie than chips or something along those greasy lines.

3. Don't eat until you are hungry. Even when you feel hungry, drink a cup of water first. If you still feel those hunger pangs, then eat. BUT don't eat until you cannot eat anymore. Eat slowly and until you are satisfied. I feel like this one takes the most practice, but it's so much better for you!

Do you have any tips? Anything you do to keep life healthy?

Comments