No Internet is Awesome

Date nights must usually be planned. Each week is quickly consumed with household duties, errands and get togethers with friends that sometimes cause being married to take a back seat. Sometimes, I find myself realizing I haven't taken the time to digest my day or the Hubs' day in like two weeks. Sometimes, I find myself realizing we haven't just hung out and laughed in a week or two.

Tonight was an impromptu date night as we headed up to our local coffee shop to use their internet. (Don't freak out, but we actually don't have internet at our house. I know, it's the 21st century but we are just a bit behind the times). Anyhow... So impromptu date at the coffee shop turned out to be the start of a fantastic evening of enjoying each others' company, reminiscing about when we started dating and looking forward to our future.  We chatted, laughed and hung out. He used the internet, I read my super cool new journal Bible (ah! It's so great!)...

Have you done that lately? Leaned into relationship with others? I know it's the Christmas season and there are a million and four things to do on your list before December 25th sneaks up on us (10 days, by the way). Despite the stuff to get done, don't forget the people. Don't forget what matters. Lean in.


Comments