Weekend Highlights

Highlights of the weekend:

 Putting on flannel sheets just in time for the first snow fall of the season. Last year, I thought I had lost these beautiful flannel sheets. I guess in all of the moving craziness before the Hubs and I got married, I stuck them in a suitcase, telling myself that I'd remember for later on. Well, I didn't and our bed was always a little ice cooler at night when it was time to crawl into bed. This fall and beginning of winter, it's warm and amazing and warm and amazing... I think you catch my drift. 
Minnesota + flannel sheets+ winter = absolute must.

 Exploring around the farm with the Hubs and Remington, finding cool old glass jars, milk cans and an antique scale in the old boxcar. Yeah, that's right, we found all of that in one afternoon.You never know what else you are going to find in the barn or machine shed. There's pieces from a covered wagon (Oregon Trail anyone?). There's an old tractor from way before I was born or even thought of by my parents. There's old harnesses, anvils and on and on. It's like walking through history, being transported back to different time. I love looking around the old farm.

 Coffee with friends while watching Survivor. Need I say more? Every Thursday, it's great. We all draw names and root on our person. Who ever gets voted off bring dessert the next week. I was voted off this last week - poor Jim. So, I'll have to think of something delicious to make.

 Friday afternoon sunsets before stormy clouds roll in. Talk about a way to start a weekend!

The Hubs and I got to go a Hillsong concert for free and had the opportunity to worship with thousands of other Christians people. Moving and incredible.

Comments