Happy Days

Sometimes, I just have fabulous days. Have you ever had one of those days when everything that happens just seems to be good? Well, allow me to fill you in.

 Event #1: Hair Cut Success
It started last night. I got a haircut. This is not something that happens often. It's not that I'm afraid to go (no, that would be the dentist and that awful drilling sound that sounds like a mouse being tortured - hate that!). I'm not afraid to get my hair cut, I just make horrible decisions when I am in that chair. Horrible. Like I say things that just fall out of my mouth no matter how hard I try to control them. Things like, "Oh yeah, let's try a bob..." or "A pixie cut would sure look cute." Are you kidding me?!? Who is this person who takes over my body and looses all opinions and abilities to stick up for herself. Last night, I went to get a haircut. My normal stylist wasn't working, so I got another gal. Everything went as normal. I struggled to explain exactly what I wanted, stammered and stuttered through an explanation and then hoped for the best... not sounding too good right? It turned out FAB-U-LOUS! I am so excited! I know I cheated on my other hairstylist, but she understood when I said I want dramatic-but-not-too-dramatic layers, thinned out-but not stingy, and not any length off. SOMEHOW with those incredible directions, she actually pulled it out. Seriously. We may have a serious relationship here people. This is huge. [photos will come later]



Event #2: Happiness in a Cup
I'm on a quick business trip just a bit outside of Chicago. I left early this morning. Early mornings in my life mean coffee is necessary. I recently gave up caffeine. No, I am not crazy. No, I am not preggers. I hadn't been sleeping well and sometimes got chest pain. I gave it up and feel so much better. Despite my abstinence from caffeinated coffee, decaf is always an excellent substitute. AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY! Starbucks has two incredible drinks back for their Fall and Winter line up: EGGNOG CHAI LATTE & PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES. These drinks are a very space, tiny slice of heaven in a cup. I love them. Any time I can squeeze one in and justify spending a whole $5 bill, I will. Every time. No exceptions.


Event #3: Special SUVs
I'm on a quick business trip just a bit outside of Chicago. Meaning = renting my first rental car ever. Not only did I successfully navigate O'Hare International Airport, I rented my first car. I feel like it's a gateway to becoming an adult. Yay me. Okay, that's not the exciting part though. I signed everything, got my rental agreement and went off to search for space S20. I found S20. Guess what was in space S20? An SUV. Not any SUV, the Ford Edge. Comes with a beautiful sound system and integrated bluetooth system. Yeah, that kind of stuff makes me get all giddy and excited. I can talk, just normal, and have my phone hooked up to the car. THATS INSANE. I love technology! Do you think the car company would notice if I took the car home? A girl can dream, right!?

Have a fabulous evening!

Comments