Cold Noses & Christmas Shopping

I woke up to a freezing cold nose this morning. I know when my nose is cold, the rest of me is going to be a whole lot colder as soon as a drag myself out of bed. A whole lot colder. I tried to pull on sweats and a sweatshirt as fast as I could, but I was still shivering when I got to the kitchen. I discovered it was even colder in the kitchen. You might wonder, why don't you just turn up the heat? Well, we have one source of heat. A grate in the floor in the dining room. This means that two rooms that have doorways out of the dining room/living room area are frigid as soon as colder temps move in for the season. So, welcome almost-winter (we don't have snow yet), I'm ready to freeze my buttocks off...


 Last night, the Hubs and I went Christmas shopping. Okay, settle down. Some may think it's too soon. Like the lady we talked to at one store who asked if we had an early Christmas party. When I informed her we were actually Christmas shopping, a look of utter dumbfoundedness is all I got in response. Yes, we went Christmas shopping. There were NO crowds. NONE. It was great. The Hubs and I just meandered through stores and it was awesome. It really felt like Christmas when we Santa at the mall. Santa. I thought that the shopping malls and retail stores got an early start on Christmas, well I guess it's all okay because Santa got an early start too. Has he ever left the North Pole before Thanksgiving? I don't think so!

Anyhow.... 
Happy Hump Day! Hope your Wednesday is fantastic!

Comments