Busyness


Sometimes life gets a little bit blurry. My eyes begin to water from the fast speeds and before long I get caught up in a whirlwind of craziness and rushing about. It's incredible to me how easy it is to get caught up in this cycle and even more amazed at how quickly I seem to sink under the weight, always failing at what I value most. I want to be a woman of God, yet busy creeps in and all I think of is sleeping a little longer in order to make it through a meeting packed day. I want to be a woman of relationships, yet it always seems that the most important relationships slip through the cracks the easiest. Relationships like the ones with sisters. I know they'll always love me. Even when I forget birthdays, or just send a million texts to the wrong number. I want to be a woman of love, yet busyness seems to absorb all patience and gentleness.

I know I am not alone is saying it is easy to get caught up in the busyness of life. I often hear expressions like, "it's just this stage in life," or "it'll pass eventually." Yet, I don't know if it will. Perhaps someday I'll just become accustom to it. Maybe someday I will just have a new type of busy and think this was so much easier. Whatever the case might be, taking a second to sit, reflect and gain a new perspective is a good thing. It is a healthy thing. It is something I don't do enough. 

How do you live with busyness?

Comments