Weekend Highlights

 This week consisted of relaxing and putting my feet up to recover from a busy week at work. Additional responsibilities can be scary, especially when they are not something that you have ever done before. A couple of weeks ago, I was handed the responsibility for planning and executing all of the visit events for our office. The first two were last week. Let me just say that when some responsibilities are handed to you, it's not always fun. They are difficult, there is a lot to learn and a lot of catch up and it's a pretty steep learning curve when a visit event is right around the corner. Yes, sometimes it's not fun. However, despite the steep learning curve and the increased workload, I love planning events. It's absolutely fabulous. Organizing, planning, coordinating, lists and then seeing it all pay off and everything go smoothly is fabulous. I love it. So, we have another event this week and then one more in two weeks - which will be the biggest one yet. It's great. So great.... so, all that to say, please forgive my blogger absence. I've been horrible at being consistent. At keep y'all updated as to what's going on around here....

_______________________________________

Here's some highlights from this weekend....


We finally have happy kitty back. After a long bout with a grumpy, tempermental kitty, she is no longer peeing and throwing up wherever she pleases. She is snuggly again, follows me around the house like a little puppy and sleeps with me once again. I think it may have been a mixture of jealousy because Remington gets way more attention than her as well as adjusting to having him around. He's learned how to be kinder and gentler with her. He's learned that biting her head is not playing, she is not found of her entire head getting stuck in his mouth. My little kitty is back!!!

Remington and I spent some quality time together on Saturday since the Hubs was gone for most of the day. We played and chased and threw toys. Its was great. He's really a fantastic dog. So great. Which, I have to give credit to the shock collar. Okay, don't freak out and pull some PETA crap on me. We keep it on a low setting and have been using the tonal setting more (makes an annoying sound). If you or anyone you know has a stubborn dog (and is not the size of a chihuahua), I would recommend a shock collar a hundred times over. It seems cruel, but not if you keep it so it's just something to get his attention.

 
Remington and I also had a wiener roast. That's right, the two of us. I roasted a hot dog for each of us, followed by a toasty browned marshmallow. It was fabulous. Would've been even better with the Hubs... but he was off helping a friend rebuild their house... but that's a whole different story for another blog.

Comments