I made the most delicious fall treat I have come across yet. Pumpkin Fudge. It's amazingly rich and an incredible balance of sweet and flavor all mixed together. Here's the recipe which I found on the website listed above, from RecipeGirl.com. Enjoy!!!
First, line a square pan (either 8x8 or 9x9) with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
Next, stir together the following ingredients in a saucepan over medium/high heat, stirring constantly until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft ball stage).
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup melted salted butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup canned pure (unsweetened) pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Once the pumpkin mixture reaches 234°, remove from heat and quickly add in the remaining ingredients until everything is well blended:
- One 12-ounce package white chocolate morsels (chips)
- One (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional - I didn't use these)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour into the prepared pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.