Where I'm At


How do I know that I am where I am supposed to be? I truly believe everyone is where they are at for a purpose. I know it's a big piece of pie to bite off, but I do. I think that I am working, living, in relationship, all because of something bigger than myself. It's a crazy thought and it's an easy one to forget. It's easy to forget that no matter where I go, I'm loved. It's easy to forget that no matter what I do, I'm always accepted. It's easy to just assume I'm in control. I'm making these decisions. Yet, there's something bigger. I have the opportunity to make these decisions because of differents "Y"s put in my path. I truly believe that God has put me where he wants me.

The question then becomes, am I living up to my potential? Am I investing enough? Working hard enough? Being a good steward as I should? It depends. Am I trying to please my boss? Am I trying to please my husband? Am I trying to please my family and friends? I hope not. I'm going to fail them. I'm going to hurt them. I'm human for goodness sake, I'm going to screw up. It's inevitable. What if I am trying to please something bigger and more grandeur than just the people around me? What if I am aiming to please God? Stick with me for just a second. God knows when I give my hardest, people can assume and judge, but they can't really know. God knows when I am struggling inside, people can guess, but they can't really know. God knows me, inside and out.

If I am aiming to please God, giving 100% and I believe he has stuck me right where I am supposed to be... heck, I don't know what could go wrong.... as long I don't forget the part where I'm not in control.... but even if I do, I know I'm okay. We'll just start back at square one and then continue where we left off.

Random thoughts for a Tuesday as I reflect on the bigger things in life, which is always a good thing to do after a busy weekend.

Comments