Photo Challenge: Hello Chicken

Day 7: Something New

BRAND NEW RECIPE:
Honey-Lemon Chicken



It is fab-u-lous.

I got it from Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Meal Plan.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup organic raw honey (I used creamed honey from Canada)
1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
2 teaspoon oil, vegetable
1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 organic chicken breasts, skinless

Preparation:
  1. Combine all ingredients (except chicken) and mix well. 
  2. Marinate chicken in honey-lemon mixture 1 hour in shallow baking dish. 
  3. Broil chicken 5 minutes, brush with pan drippings, turn and broil 5 minutes longer or until juices run clear. 
  4. If desired, bring marinade to a boil; simmer 2 minutes. 
  5. Strain hot marinade over chicken.



I struggle to follow recipes. I really do, so I skipped the rosemary and lemon peel and added San-J's Sweet and Tangy Sauce instead.


I also would recommend allowing your chicken to thaw the night before and soak all day in the fridge in the marinade. It would be a lot more tender. I didn't have time and had to nuke it in the microwave really quick. However, it was delicious.

I also skipped the broil part. My oven doesn't do it very well and I've never broiled anything successfully. So, I cook the chicken for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. It turned out great!

I then served it over rice with some more Sweet and Tangy sauce on top.

Comments

Post a Comment