Day 7: Something New
BRAND NEW RECIPE:
It is fab-u-lous.
I got it from Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Meal Plan.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:1/4 cup organic raw honey (I used creamed honey from Canada)
1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
2 teaspoon oil, vegetable
1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 organic chicken breasts, skinless
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) and mix well.
- Marinate chicken in honey-lemon mixture 1 hour in shallow baking dish.
- Broil chicken 5 minutes, brush with pan drippings, turn and broil 5 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- If desired, bring marinade to a boil; simmer 2 minutes.
- Strain hot marinade over chicken.
I struggle to follow recipes. I really do, so I skipped the rosemary and lemon peel and added San-J's Sweet and Tangy Sauce instead.
I also would recommend allowing your chicken to thaw the night before and soak all day in the fridge in the marinade. It would be a lot more tender. I didn't have time and had to nuke it in the microwave really quick. However, it was delicious.
I also skipped the broil part. My oven doesn't do it very well and I've never broiled anything successfully. So, I cook the chicken for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. It turned out great!
I then served it over rice with some more Sweet and Tangy sauce on top.