Changing Lens

We woke up to crunchy frost on the ground this morning. Only 5 days ago it was 90 degrees... I love the change. Rarely does change excite me, rarely do I look forward to change. I know this is probably the case for many people. Change is generally hard. Adjusting to something new, something unwanted, something unknown is never easy. Yet, as the weather changes, I look forward to it. I look forward to it with excitement. So how come I can't look forward to other changes? What is it about the weather that makes change okay? Weather is somewhat predictable. It is going to cool down, the leaves will fall off the trees and then eventually it'll snow. But isn't the rest of life like that if we could look through a wide angle lens? Life is going to change, people are going to come and go, the chapters of life are going to be opened and closed. Perhaps it isn't that I don't like change in other situations, maybe I'm just not looking through a wide enough lens. In the end, I'll be taken care of. In the end, I won't be given any situation that is too hard - I've been promised that. In the end, with a little bit of perspective, change is good. It will be good when it's developed my character, made me into a better wife and someday mother, developed patience, kindness and love. Change is good, I just need to take a step back and look through a different lens.

 The view that greeted me when I drove into work this morning

Comments