Be Still


When I wake up, it is quiet. The crickets have finally given up singing their song as they drifted off to sleep sometime during the night. The song birds are slowly beginning to warm up the golden sunshine that peaks through the trees. This morning, there was no wind and no clouds. Just a still, peaceful morning to greet me. Filling my cup with coffee, I sat and took it all in. How peaceful. The morning does not know what lies ahead for the rest of the day. The morning is not bothered by the worries of work. The morning only knows quietness. It is within this quietness that I feel ready for the day. Friday is here and I'm ready for it. My cup of coffee and I decided that today was going to be a fantastic day.

Have you ever just enjoyed the morning? Even if you are not a morning person, make yourself a cup of coffee and just sit and enjoy. Listen to the quietness and let your thoughts and heart wander before you get ready for your day. Sometimes, I end up praying. Sometimes, I end up singing a song I have stuck in my head. It's a fantastic way to start a morning. Just be still.

 ________________________________________________


Favorite quote for today thanks to a friend:

"When one will not, two cannot quarrel." 

You do not have to attend every argument you are invited to today.


Comments