Shorted Haired Self

So far, it has been a beautiful weekend. Mid-70's, sometimes a light breeze. It's the perfect weather for laying in a hammock, maybe bringing the e-reader but probably just taking a nap. Unfortunately, our weekend has so far been filled of writing papers, responding to discussion posts and editing papers. School has begun people and it's already kicking my behind.

When I was doing my undergrad, life was different. I hate to say this and sound old, but the times were so much simpler. My food was prepared for me for all three years. I showed up to class and did an hour or so of homework every couple days. I showed up to soccer practice and maybe took a nap in the afternoon. Seriously, life was so different. It's easy to look back and say, I wish I could have done things differently. If only I knew what I know now. Most of life works this way. I found myself saying this today.

Is looking back and wanting to change things okay? Partly, at least I hope so. I think as long as I am content with where I am at in life now and look back to learn things about myself. Then yes. It's okay. I think looking back at the past and wanting to re-do things like relationships, classes and situations simply because you want a different outcome. Different story and not okay. So, today I'm looking forwards but remembering things I learning throughout college.

  • Don't cut your hair that short again. Ever.
  • Bite your tongue more.
  • Stay up late more often, meaning at least past 10pm.
  • Study more. 
  • Invest more time in relationships. 

Just little things. Things I want to try to apply to my life and already am trying. I'm sure in 5 years I'll look back and see more things to improve. I should hope I do. I think it's a process of always making yourself the best you can be. Here's to being the best Kylie I can!


Never again.

Comments