Domestication

I have been doing more practicing being a housewife lately. I am not sure what has gotten into me, but I am feel very domesticate and the need to decorate, create or cook. Pinterest has been a huge ispiration to me. What is Pinterest, you ask? Well... only the most wonderful website of organization, decoration, cooking, styles, and everything else you could image all in one place!


I made these dry erase boards from an idea I saw on Pinterest. I used a black picture frame, scrap booking paper and dry erase marker. It brightens up one of the walls in my office and found a good use for my scrap booking supplies that had not been opened before this idea.




I have about a million more ideas and things I want to do to our little farmhouse, both inside and out. However, my wonderful mother did remind me that things cost money. So, I will settle for a few DIY (do-it-yourself) projects and use up things I have just hanging out looking for a permanent home in our farmhouse.

The other rampage I have been on is RECIPES. I want to cook everything. Freeze everything. Then never make another meal in my entire life. Well, at least for another month or so. I've made a couple of new things, tried out the crock pot, but haven't done a big 'freezing of the foods'. I think it'll be the next item on my domestication. My ideas so far:
  • Cream Cheese Potato Soup
  • 100 Veggie Soup (a curry version and a Italian version - recipe coming soon!!!)
  • Mexican Pizza
  • Snickerdoodle muffins   
  • Homemade Egg McMuffins (did you know the McDonald's version has 55 ingredients?!)
  • Holland Chili
  • Boda Spaghetti Sauce
None of these recipes I've tried (except the 100 Veggie Soup), so it'll be interesting... any other ideas? Good freezer ideas? Easy meals? Remember, gluten free!

Just to wrap up your day and brighten your afternoon, here is my favorite quote from today:

Comments

  1. I am what I like to call a "Inmymind craft/handyman." I always think, "Why buy that? I could totally make that." The thing is, I NEVER do! Pinterest is my new "I can do that" site. I think I may actually do some of these things. I am brand new to it and totally pumped about it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment