1 year.

The Hubs and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary this past weekend. 1 whole year. A year of hard times, good times, happy times, sad times... Neither of us can believe it's been a year. Honestly, where did the year go? How did we fit in an entire fall, winter, spring and summer and come full circle to a year?


Saturday, our official anniversary day, I had the gift of waking up late, avoiding puppy duty and a warm cinnamon donut with my favorite iced white chocolate mocha to wake me up. It was fabulous. Feeling refreshed, we had a low key morning playing with Remington in the yard and dinking around the house. We headed out for some shopping in the afternoon, followed by wonderful massages. Wonderful. Swedish massage? Yes, please! We grabbed our favorite dinner (Punch Pizza and Chipotle, which happen to be next door to each other!) and ate in our beautiful backyard overlooking the pasture. To end the day, we went to a music festival and heard MercyMe, who are great in concert! And that's coming from a non-going-concert-person.

It was a great day and enjoying each others company and the past year of ups and downs. Neither of us would trade it for anything. It was hecka hard. Don't get me wrong. Hecka hard, but I learned so much about how to support a husband. I learned so much about how strong I am as a partner. I would have never known if this past year would not have happened. I'm sure the Hubs could say something along the same line, but I won't speak for him. We'll just assume instead! Only kidding.

________________________________________________

I also had the opportunity to do some baking this weekend. How does this sound: Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting, topping with powdered sugar and chocolate bits? Um, heavenly? Delicious? Divine? Pick your word. They were incredible.




Recipe:Betty Crocker box of Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Homemade Butter Cream Frosting (crisco, butter, cocoa, powdered sugar & milk)

Insanely easy, but so good!
________________________________________________

Just in case you've missed seeing his adorable face, here is our handsome-almost-grown-up puppy!


Comments