VBS

This week is Vacation Bible School at our church.

I would be lying if I told you that I feeling good rushing around from work, to appointments, to VBS, to get home and make lunch for the next day, crawling into bed in our steamy hot house (it is still 95+ degrees and humid in Minnesota) and then starting it all over the next day. I'd be lying if I told you that when my alarm goes off at 6am, I'm so ready to jump out of bed, ready for the day. I'm not, I want to hit snooze, roll over and enjoy the quiet as I lay in bed. BUT, life doesn't work that way, now does it?! Never...

But you know what? VBS makes it worth it. When you on worship team for VBS and playing songs for 85+ kids who are all screaming, jumping up and down and singing with more passion than I've ever seen at a Rascal Flatts concert and maybe even Justin Beiber, it makes it worth it. It makes crazy days worth every second. It makes hot, sticky awful weather completely worth it. I love VBS. It's one week of the year when kids pour in, learn about God, learn awesome life lessons and sing their little hearts out. There's a reason why kids have a special place in Jesus' heart. This one week reminds us "adults" of a lot of important things and reminds us why we need to pay attention to the kids in our lives. They are not here on accident. It's a good reminder when I'm tired and laying in bed. God has a good way of reminding me of the important things.

Comments