Rearranging

I don't know if you noticed, but things are looking a bit different around here. If you don't ever go to the blog but get via e-mail, click here: BUMBLINGS and you can see what I'm talking about. I redesigned peeps. Do you ever get the urge to re-arrange furniture? to go see something new? to change how your desk is set up? Hopefully I'm not alone in saying that I like a change of scenery once in a while. Maybe it can be coughed up to the fact that my family moved around a lot as I was growing up. It was fantastic, it was always changing. However, I've been in Minnesota for almost 5 years now (crazy, eh?) and I don't think we'll be moving any time soon. So, I need to figure out different ways to change things up a bit. Like redesigning my blog. Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, maybe a little bit, but that urge to rearrange is gone for the moment and all is good again.
_________________________________________________

On a totally different note, Remington is getting so big! He's probably starting to push 40 pounds and he's 7 months old. Seriously!? Here, allow me to show you....



This is baby Remy, a couple weeks after we brought him home. His favorite place to sleep was the laundry basket with a fleece tie blanket. He fit on one side and would curl up and sleep for hours! Then....


WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE PUPPY! He's stinkin' huge! Okay, he's not THAT big if you compare him to a St. Bernard or a Bernese Mountain Dog or a Newfie, however, my wee-baby-I-want-to-squeeze-you puppy is growing up. He is FINALLY obeying well, partly because he is a smart dog and partly because we do use a shock collar. I know that there are a lot of people against shock collars and how they can do more damage than good when it comes to training puppies. However, we mainly use it as a way to teach him no and get his attention. Due to the fact that he most likely has Red Bone Coonhound in him, he starts sniffing and just looses all common sense. All he thinks is, "Bird, bird, bird, bird, bird." He doesn't hear either the Hubs or myself calling him and trying to keep him from being run over my massive farms trucks rolling down our front road. Common sense is through to the side and caution to the wind as soon as he starts sniffing. So, a little prick with the shock collar (on the lower settings of course!) and he all of a sudden remembers, "Oh yeah! Road = bad. People = good." Silly dog.

Comments