Humidness.

I'm so tired of heat. I'm so tired of humidity. Excuse me while I whine and complain as I feel like I've been swimming, but then quickly remember that I was actually just walking outside between my car (which has AC and I don't ever want to leave it) and the house (which does NOT have AC and is horribly sticky). I know in like 6 months when I'm freezing my tail off, I'll wish, hope and pray for any type of temperature that is above 60 degrees, maybe even 45 degrees. But for now, since it's been days of straight hot, humidness (yes, it's a word and I'm not letting "auto correct" change it) I'm ready for a good ol' rain storm.

I do have to say, I am enjoying little things that I forget about each winter and rediscover them in the summer, it's kind of like Christmas! For example, this morning I didn't feel like taking the time to dry my hair before I headed off to work. Maybe it was the fact that I was already beginning to perspire (women don't sweat, remember?) and it was only 7:02am. Anyhow, as I was driving to work, I put down all the windows so I wouldn't look like a drowned poodle with soggy hair when I eventually got to work. Then, it hit me: How awesome is it to drive to work at 7:30am with the windows down, hair blowing in the breeze and the fresh smell of grass, trees and open fields overwhelming your senses? It was like Christmas, let me tell you! Turn up the techno and drive! Driving in the summer is awesome!

Another example: large iced americano with white chocolate and half n' half. Need I really say more? You can't get this drink in the winter in Minnesota, you'll freeze your tushy off! But it is the perfect summer drink, with the perfect balance of coffee, cream and sweetness. Fabulous, got one this morning.

Really, there's not too much say. The Hubs and I are looking forward to a weekend at home, catching up on things that need to be caught. Mowing, planting raspberry bushes, weeding the veggie garden... you know, all the fun stuff!

Have a great weekend!

Comments