My Pops

In light of the upcoming holiday, I think mentioning someone very important in my life is needed. Sunday is Father's Day. For those who have forgotten or just were "re-reminded" to go and get a card and maybe some golf balls, I would recommend you do to asap. Dads are special guys, especially to daughters. 5 daughters in our family's case. My dad had 5 girls, which at one point in time were all teenagers. 5 teenagers, 1 house, 1 man. Some call him a "brave man," some refer to him as a "poor guy" to have to live with so many women. I find both of those responses irritating. My dad had 5 girls, all of who wanted to marry him when we grew up (true story, ask my mother). My dad wanted girls. Sure boys would been rocking too, but he wanted his girls.

My dad has played a very special role in my life. I remember special days, like when he'd take off Mondays, take all of the girls of my mother's hands and we'd go on adventures. It never mattered what we did: hiking, skating, rollerblading, basketball, soccer, anything. We hung out with our dad every Monday and it rocked. He has also taught me a number of things: a love for the the wonderful world renowned sport of soccer; love for music; a passion for reading.... Other things were not so monumental, such as: always take a Frisbee everywhere you go, as well as a deck of cards. You never know when you'll need one.

Pops, I love you. Happy Father's Day.

I'm on the right, Sister #2 on the left & my Pops is in the middle

Comments