Grampa Bob

We are visiting the hospital again. The Hubs' grampa is in the hospital again. I'm going to admit, I'm a chicken. I don't have the guts to go in and see him. I keep remembering him with his trucker's hat on, in his thin white shirt and sitting outside, enjoying watching over his family. His legacy that he's created and will someday have to leave behind. Resilience and strength characterize my Hubs' grampa. He's a man of few words, but when he does decide to open his mouth, brace yourself because he is one funny guy. The last time we were visiting the hospital, grampa asked about how soon it was going to be until we had more little tykes running around? Seriously grampa? You are laying in ICU, hooked up to who knows what, getting who knows what pumped into you, and you are cracking jokes about us making babies? Gotta love his perspective after 92 years of being on this earth. I want to remember him in his trucker hat, healthier, happier. I can't handle the willies I get when I walked through the ICU unit.... If you are the praying kind, say a prayer for him. We hope he makes it through this with some serious blood clots and swelling. If you are the praying kind, say a prayer for my Hubs' family. What a difficult time, with difficult decisions and difficult pain in the future...

Comments