Cinco de Jayo

The lack of internet has been seriously hindering my ability to get online and blog. We do not have internet at our house, which I both like and dislike. Obviously, there are not unnecessary hours spent on Facebook or whatever other site is the latest craze. But at the same time, it's crazy just how much the internet has become an integral part of our daily lives. So, now that we are all caught up on my weak excuses, let's get to the good stuff.

Today is Cinco de Jayo, for those that don't know. It is the 5th day of May, which is also the Hubs' birthday. Birthdays are a big deal to me, which is something that was ingrained into each of my sisters' and my brains from when we were very young. My dad played a big part in this as he loves surprises. Loves. When my #2 sister and I were younger, my dad carried us downstairs to the basement with paper bags over our heads to surprise us with a pancake & orange julius dinner/picnic complete with a candle on our little child-size table. Look at the pure joy on my face (I am on the left, #2 Sister is on the right). My dad loves to surprise anyone, everyone and definitely on birthdays.




So today is the Hubs birthday. We aren't doing anything spectacular considering the fact that I bought him the BEST PRESENT EVER! Yeah, that's right, a puppy. However, I am attempting to make this day a little more special then normal with random surprises, like his favorite donuts and a homemade caramel latte for break at work. Yeah, best-wife-ever, I know. Only kidding. I just get a little carried away with surprises and the sort. Here's the birthday Hubs and his best-birthday-present-from-his-awesomest-wife-ever Remy!



Yup, this is quick. Yup, this is light. However, I have lunch to make and cupcakes to bake.

Comments