9 Days Later

I haven’t written in over a week. I have felt like something has been missing. Every day, I’d say, “Okay, today, I’ll find 30 minutes, crank something out and hope for the best.” 9 days later, no blog, just guilty feelings.

First, let’s catch up. 

Gardening has been fun. A ton of work, but I love it. I have lots of pictures to put up sometime soon. Maybe I’ll do a photo blog and walk through everything outside. For now, I’ll just say that the hostas around the oak tree and north side of the house look pretty good. The grass is coming up really nice on the north side as well. [Side note: last summer, the Hubs pulled out tons of buckthorn trees. Yes, you read that right. Trees, not bushes. And he has been working on turning the overgrown jungle into a beautiful lawn.] I also met my best gardening friend, Round-Up and sprayed the living daylights out of the weeds infesting my garden. It is the most fantastic invention. Spray. Weeds die. Amazing. 
 
The crazy weather season has officially started. Last night, we had swirling, spinning clouds that dropped up and down. Today, a tornado warning is out until 8pm and we are under a severe thunderstorm warning too. I love it. I know, storms = destruction = ruining peoples’ homes. However, I love weather. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, nothing happens with the weather. It rains, it gets foggy, it gets sunny and round we go. Not too thrilling. In stark difference, Minnesota is crazy. We have amazing winters with blizzards and huge snowstorms. 

Then, there is summer. Summer is my favorite. You can feel the humidity build in the air, the perspiration on your skin. In the distance, the thunderclouds proclaim their seriousness with their mountainous towers built on top of dark grey and green foundations. As the storm rolls in, the pounding rain echoes off roof tops, slams into windows and sends birds ducking for cover in barns and sheds. Sometimes the tornado sirens go off as the clouds turn the scariest color of green. Last summer, while the sirens were going off, the Hubs and I went outside to see what was going on. The worst of the storm had passed. As the clouds began to part a calm settled in the crisp air and it was so much fun to watch the powerful storm move on. Storms are my favorite. Yes, they are big and destructive, but the massive power and grandeur is moving. Incredibly beautiful. 

Here are some pictures from a couple weeks ago when a storm passed by us. There were taken in our backyard: 



 

Comments