Wonderful Weekend

What a fabulous weekend. The Hubs and I completely filled up our Saturday and Sunday. A couple of fun things happened this weekend: First, I started my Saturday morning off to the smell of marionberry pancakes that the Hubs was cooking in the kitchen. We met some family friends out at the Sugar Shack for fresh pancakes, sausage all topped with freshly cooked maple syrup. To call our breakfast fantastic would be an understatement.We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon out at the Sugar Shack, cooking down the sap to get about 13 gallons of syrup (which for those who do not have my years of experience in the maple syrup business, I do believe that 13 gallons is a lot.), pulling all of the taps out of the trees, washing all of the equipment, and bringing out Maple Syrup season to an end. It really was a lot of fun and the Hubs and I even had the privilege of being taught how to can the syrup since maybe someday we'll be ones helping run the show. It was so much fun, sad that it's come to an end, but fun.

The second exciting thing from this weekend is getting paint for our mudroom. Yes, I know it sounds wonderful and fantastically aventurous to go to the paint store and buy paint. I know, I know... however, buying paint means we get to finish the last room on the main floor of our good ol' farmhouse. Everyone other room is finished, but the weather turned too cold this fall to be able to paint and finish it all up. So, now I cannot wait. Seriously. The mudroom is the first room you see when you walk into our house, so it should be cute. I picked out some fun yellow & beige colors with white waynes-coating (spelling? can anyone help me here)... 

Lastly, I asked the Hubs to take the Strengths Finders test this weekend. I thought it'd be helpful for writing resumes, cover letters, interviews, plus knowing how to communicate with him better and what motivates him, etc, etc... I was really excited, we got him set up, he took it and called me over to see his top 5 strengths were. Okay, this is the weird part. His top five: achiever, relator, belief, responsibility (sound familiar) and restorative. Let me refresh your memory, my top 5 were: achiever, relator, belief, responsibility (see the weirdness?) and developer.  Remember now? Yes, 4 of the top 5 of our strengths match. Here is the difference between our restorative and developer strengths: the Hubs is a restorer, he sees something broken and fixes it. He likes resolve and need to see it to the end until it is finished. I am a developer, I see where something is weak and needs to be strengthened. I don't need something to be finished, I just need to see small signs of improvement. Crazy, hey? Obviously, we are very different people, but I wonder it makes sense how we work well as a team, we can get a lot accomplished together.

Kind of a random weekend, but I am excited for the weekend ahead. One of my lovely sisters is coming to visit and I cannot wait. So far, just my mum has visited us since we got married. Now I get to have a sister stay with us for almost a week! So tonight, I'm catching up on laundry, dishes vacuuming and making her bed....

Comments