2 packages semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks so it's easier to melt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup plus an additional 2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup Pamelas Pancake & Baking Mix
(Or a GF flour mix that you like)
2 tablespoons unsweetended cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking power
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (I would recommend using lighter cookie sheets since dark ones heat up too fast and often cause unnecessary struggles when cookin' gluten free)
- Combine 1 package of chocolate chips & butter in large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 secs, stir and repeat until all of the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended and frothy.
- Add sugar, beat until thick.
- Add chocolate mixture, beat until well blended.
- Add flour blend, cocoa baking powder, xanthan gum and salt, beat until combined.
- Stir in remaining bag of chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablesspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on your cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. (I wanted to speed up this process, so I stuck mine in the freezer)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until cookies are firm.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets
- Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
|[ Pre-baked chocolate fudge cookies ]|
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen