Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies

For those who do not know this fun fact about me, I have Celiac. This means I can't eat most normal breads, pizzas, cakes, pies, rolls, cookies, sandwiches, burgers, and the list goes on and on and on. Not exactly good news for someone who thinks of cakes & desserts as their own food group. I found out that I have celiac 3 years ago this spring and it's been an adventure ever since. I have tried so many recipes with weird ingredients I've never heard of or have flopped beyond failure and went straight from the oven to the trashcan. However, through my trial and errors, I have found two cookbooks that I absolutely love! They have normal ingredients (for the most part) and I haven't found a recipe that isn't good yet....

 I recently tried a recipe for Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies out of the Gluten-Free Bible and thought I should share due to the incredible popularity from the gals I work with and deliciousness of these amazing cookies!!!

Ingredients:

     2 packages semisweet chocolate chips
     1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks so it's easier to melt
     2 eggs
     1 teaspoon vanilla
     3/4 cup plus an additional 2 tablespoons sugar
     2/3 cup Pamelas Pancake & Baking Mix  

           (Or a GF flour mix that you like)
     2 tablespoons unsweetended cocoa powder
     1 teaspoon baking power
     1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
     1/4 teaspoon salt


Bakin' Instructions:
  1. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (I would recommend using lighter cookie sheets since dark ones heat up too fast and often cause unnecessary struggles when cookin' gluten free)
  2. Combine 1 package of chocolate chips & butter in large microwavable bowl. 
  3. Microwave on high for 30 secs, stir and repeat until all of the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
  4. Beat eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended and frothy. 
  5. Add sugar, beat until thick. 
  6. Add chocolate mixture, beat until well blended. 
  7. Add flour blend, cocoa baking powder, xanthan gum and salt, beat until combined.
  8. Stir in remaining bag of chocolate chips.
  9. Drop dough by rounded tablesspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on your cookie sheets. 
  10. Refrigerate 30 minutes. (I wanted to speed up this process, so I stuck mine in the freezer)
  11. Preheat oven to 325F. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until cookies are firm. 
  12. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets 
  13. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
[ Pre-baked chocolate fudge cookies ]

     Makes about 2 1/2 dozen

    Comments