2 hours 57 minutes & 43 seconds

The weekend starts in 2 hours 57 minutes and 43 seconds. I wrote earlier about my ridiculous excitement about Sundays. Well, Saturdays are most definitely my second favorite.  There are some obvious reasons: sleeping in with the most comfortable pillow-top mattress in the whole world, waking up to a quiet farmhouse,  making delicious puffed apple pancake, knowing you have at least a solid 36 hours to relax and enjoy time with your wonderful husband. Those are just a few reasons... honestly, who doesn't enjoy a good relaxing weekend?

But as I realize how much I enjoy weekends, I am struck by another thought. Perhaps I enjoy the weekends so much because I have the opportunity to relax and enjoy quiet time. In my heart of hearts, I know just how valuable down-time can be. Not just because I am an introvert and need to set aside time to recharge. Yes, I am sure that is a part of it, but just a small portion. On a deeper level, I think I enjoy weekends so much because I have the chance to reflect on the week. Somehow the weeks just fly by and before you realize it, Friday afternoon has rolled around yet again. The weekend brings sweet relief to reflect on what God is doing through me, in me and around me. Getting wrapped up in my lists, laundry and never-ending sinkful of dishes is way too easy to do during a busy week filled with worship practice, running errands, bible study and of course the regular 8 to 5 work day. Weekends are my time to take a deep breath, thank God for bringing me through another week and pray for what he has in store for me tomorrow, next week, next month and even the month after. Weekends not only recharge me, but if I spend time in the Bible and in prayer, the time away from the bustle of everything else is downright encouraging and uplifting. I absolutely look forward to weekends not to escape work or housework. I look forward to weekends to

This weekend is going to be a good one. I can feel it in my bones! If the gloomy, rainy whether lets up, the Hubs and I just might take dinner out to the Sugar Shack (remember? where we collect & cook maple syrup). And then tomorrow we just might have the long awaited Maple Syrup Cook-off where we cook all of the sap until all of the water has evaporated and the only thing left is delicious, thick, sweet maple syrup. Just you guys can picture the Sugar Shack and all of it's wonderful outdoor essence, I attached a photo below. The stove is on the left hand side and the piles of split firewood is on the backside. Then there are benches and log chairs scattered about to lunge while we wait for the sap to cook down or while we enjoy some grub. Yes, it is going to be a good weekend!




Comments